MEDIEVAL TIMES – Dad’s are free … just sayin’.
BOURBON CLASS & ENGRAVING EVENT | June 12, 8700 Preston Rd. #113, Plano, TX (4-6pm)
Attendees will taste Angel’s Envy bourbon, Rye, Cask Strength and the Total Wine & More Special Angel’s Envy Blend. Free.
TAKE HIM ON A PICNIC HE’LL ACTUALLY LIKE
Pick up a picnic “bag” from The Grill on the Alley (in The Galleria) and head to one of Dallas’ many outdoor concerts, movies, etc. with Dad! It’s fancy, but not too shmancy. A picnic bag includes: table cloth, napkins & cutlery, corkscrew & two plastic wine glasses, mixed nuts, their famous sourdough, bread & butter
Starting at $32.95, feeds 3-4 (pricing can be found on their website)
Order at least 24 hours in advance
Pops, Pints and a Picture Show | Flying Saucer, Fort Worth | June 15, 9pm
Bring your pop in, drink a pint and enjoy the picture show: “National Lampoon’s Vacation”! An oldie, but goodie and dad will sure enjoy the flick outside on our patio with a craft beer this Father’s Day.
BONUS: if Dad brings in a tie, he can trade it for a pint.
PERRY’S STEAKHOUSE (Uptown) | June 15
BRUNCH, opening at 11am
DINNER MEAL OFFERING, 4-9pm | Get any salad, Perry’s Famous Pork Chop & Dessert Trio for $24.95
SOCIAL HOUR, 4-9pm | Step inside Bar 79 for specially-priced bar menu items
POLLO TROPICAL (Addison) | June 15 only
Buy 1 Get 1 FREE 1/4 Chicken meal with 2 sides for customers who text “DAD” to 52198 (they’ll get a code to show at the register to receive the special deal)
- June 11, 407pm | Total Wine Dallas (9350 N. Central Expy)
- June 12, 1-3pm | Total Wine Plano (Collin Creek Village, 721 N. Central Expressway #200)
Treat dad to an extra day of fun, beer, music, and food in Lewisville!
- $35/person (includes a souvenir tasting cup and 12 2-ounce tastings)
- $45/person (VIP, includes the above and early access
Basil Hayden’s® Dad’s Day Off | Created by Zachary Brian Taylor, San Francisco
- 1 ½ parts Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon
- ¾ parts Lemon Juice
- ½ part Brown Sugar Syrup*
- 1 sprig of Rosemary
- Ginger Beer
1. Combine Basil Hayden’s® Bourbon, lemon juice and brown sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker.
2. Remove rosemary needles from the bottom 3/4 of the sprig and add to the shaker. Save the top of the sprig for use as a garnish.
3. Add ice to shaker and shake.
4. Double strain into a Collins glass filled with ice.
5. Top with ginger beer.
6. Garnish with the remaining rosemary sprig.