The annual Arts in Bloom and Wine Festival is coming back to McKinney in a few short weeks (April 7-9) … and they’ve added two days! The festival will feature work by national and local artists, music by local acts, great food from McKinney restaurants, and … of course … wine from local growers. (Do you get the local angle yet?)
The festival was recently named on “GuideLive’s list of 50 can’t-miss festivals this spring” … so that’s something.
So, what must you know before heading to historic McKinney?
- There will be a Wine Garden featuring wine from 14 regional Texas wineries. Wine, y’all. Buy a commemorative wine glass for $20 and get 10 tastings to find your favorite. (They’ll have wine by the glass and local beers available, too.)
- You can soak up the booze with food from vendors serving up goodies from state fair favorites to Smoked Gouda burgers and gourmet popsicles.
- You can stay a while and enjoy the live music on one of two stages with a little something for everyone.
- It’s free. Even parking is free with shuttle service straight to the festival.
- You’ll see some fantastic art from more than 150 artists including sculptors, painters, photographers, woodworkers, and more from right here in North Texas showing right beside national artists. And all of it will be for sale.
- It’s family-friendly. They’ll have a Kids Creation Station where your little ones can do arts and crafts and be entertained by someone other than you.
- Frisbees are not allowed. (Just sayin’.)
ARTS IN BLOOM
2017 Dates: April 7-9
Historic Downtown McKinney (111 N. Tennessee Street)