Welp, it’s that time of year again. Time to deck the halls and get drunk with your awkward Aunt Milly at Christmas Eve dinner. If you’re stressing about gifts for the special wino in your life, I’ve got JUST the gift guide for you! Behold, some of my favorite things—and this year I watched the price tags!
1. Pittsburgh, PA artist, Kirsten Lowe-Rebel has started a line of boozy prints, KloRebel. Handrawn with a look that will match a good bottle of hand-crafted whiskey, this art is framable and wearable! Available in ornaments, money clips, bracelets, prints, and more.
Purchase at her Etsy Shop | Items start at $10
2. Who doesn’t love Uber? With as little as a few taps on your smartphone, you’ve got a safe ride home after one three too many cocktails. Give the gift of a DD that is always on call with an Uber gift card. Easily sent immediately via their website, it’s a good last-minute option (not that you’d forget a gift or anything).
Send immediately from uber.com | Available in any denomination
3. This is the sexiest jigger you’ll ever see (I think??). This Japanese-style jigger from Cocktail Kingdom measures 1/2oz and 3/4oz shots, and it’s gold. Need I say more?
CocktailKingdom.com | $15.95 each
4. W(h)et their whiskers (and whistles) with TX Whiskey! One of my absolute favorite liquors, this Fort Worth-made intoxicant has a vanilla finish and is so smooth that it’d be a sin to drink it any way but neat (I suppose that “on the rocks” is OK, too.)
The bottle looks great on your bar, and each cork is different as they are made from recycled cowboy boots … and it comes with this teeny tiny Santa hat.
Purchase TX Whiskey at most liquor stores in North Texas and other TX-branded items at frdistilling.com | $35 for the 750ml
5. Moscow Mules are still a thing (for me at least). Drink them in style with these copper mugs, because a Moscow Mule in any other cup is just ginger beer and vodka.
Sur La Table or SurLaTable.com | $19.95 each
6. Did you know that some famous vineyards limit their output to make the bottles they sell more valuable, and sell excess to other labels? Enter: 90+ Cellars. Not only an incredible line of wines, but their options are very reasonable price-wise.
90+ now offers the option to send quarterly shipments of seasonal red, white, or mixed boxes of 90+ wines to your favorite someone. (Just make sure you’re invited to uncork them!)
store.ninetypluscellars.com | 6- or 12-bottle shipments, shipping included, $90/170
7. When the weather turns cold and your lips get chapped (the worst), don’t reach for the way-too-sweet or medicinal-tasting lip balms … Atlantic Farms’ Double IPA Lip Balm is where it’s at!
atlantic-farms.com | $6.50 per tube
8. These shot glasses “grr” in tiger (or something like that). Bring out your wild side with these Animal Shot Glasses. They’re black, so they look awesome on your bar … and they’re shot glasses, so there’s that, too. Available in elephant, reindeer (pictured), horse, lion, and eagle.
libastyle.com | $30 per shot glass
9. This tres chic brass Threshold Bar Cart gives your cocktail hour a “Mad Men” effect (busty secretaries not included). And there’s just something so awesome knowing that your bar can be rolled anywhere …
Buy in stores or target.com | $129.99
10. You bring a bottle of wine as a hostess gift: you’re a gracious guest. You bring a bottle of wine as a hostess gift with one of these badass gift tags on it: you’re a gracious guest … who is also f$@king awesome . Local paper goddess, Chelsea Cox Carpenter of Southern Fried Paper, sells these preciously-vulgar wine tags from her Design District studio (along with a lot of other fantastic paper goods).
Order from her Etsy Shop or stop by her studio | $9.50 for a pack of six