106°. It was 106° in Dallas today. That’s f**king hot. Wanna know how to make it bearable (at least temporarily)? Quarter Bar’s frozen deliciousness. Frozen booze may not be the answer … but it’s a damn good guess.
Quarter’s master drinker, Seth, has created seven flavors of booze popsicles for just $6 a pop. (The pun had to be made.) Most booze-cicles have too strong a taste of alcohol, but these are perfect … a bit messy … but perfect. (Make sure you have plenty of napkins and don’t wear white jeans).
Booze pop flavors include:
- Filthy Monkey (Chocolate Banana): 360 Double Chocolate Vodka, Malibu Banana Rum, and chocolate milk.
- Pirate Booty (Root Beer Float): Kahlua Coffee Liquor, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and Abita Root Beer.
- Berry Pucker (Strawberry Lemonade): Three Olives Berry Vodka, lemonade, and fresh strawberries.
- Kokomo (Pineapple): Bacardi Pineapple infused Rum with pineapple juice and orange juice.
- Laffy Taffy (Strawberry Banana): Three Olives Berry Vodka, Malibu Banana Rum, and pineapple juice.
- The Dreamsicle (Think Orange Julius): Stoli Vanilla Vodka, Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka, and orange juice.
- Blemonade (Blackberry Lemonade): Deep Eddy Vodka, lemonade, and fresh blackberries.
Booze pops aren’t the only new-ish thing hitting Dallas’s Big Easy-sque hangout. Other new offerings from The Quarter Bar include seven new French Quarter-inspired cocktails, including a traditional Hurricane. I enjoyed the French Quarter Float, and it’s quite sweet, but would be the perfect drink for the end of the night. I’d dying to try the SoCo Sazerac … anyone wanna treat me?
- VooDoo Queen: Vodka, Blue Curacao, Razz Berry, & Sweet and Sour
- French Quarter Float: Coffee Liquor, Irish Cream, & Root Beer
- Blue Bayou: Captain Morgan, Blue Curacao, & Pineapple Juice
- Quarter Curse: Southern Comfort, Razz Berry, & Pineapple Juice
- Hurricane: Light Rum, Meyers Dark Rum, Malibu, Pineapple & Orange Juice, & Cherry
- Hand Grenade: Light Rum, Melon Liquor, & Pineapple Juice
- Soco Sazerac: Made with Southern Comfort, Lemon, Sugar, & Bitters
Quarter gets it (pricewise) and have priced everything* I’ve mentioned at $6 … and that’s not even during happy hour! Even better? They offer half price food night on Wednesdays until midnight. Make sure you try the wings and the bacon fries.
Stop in and sip on a Louisiana-style drink or lick on a booze pop, and let me know which was your favorite!
*the Hurricane is $8, all other cocktails and booze pops are $6