*Guys can totally win this bottle of rum, too.
It’s better to give than to receive, right? NOT THIS TIME! SDD is giving away a bottle of Kenney Chesney’s new rum, Blue Chair Bay Rum! I was sent a bottle to try, which made this giveaway a real delight. See a few of the recipes I came up with, and learn how to enter to win below. Good luck!
HOT BUTTERED RUM, serves 4
– 3/4 cup Blue Chair Bay white rum
– 3 Tbsp firmly packed brown sugar
– 1-1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
– 1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
– 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/8 tsp ground cloves
– 2 cups boiling water
Stir brown sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves together, then add rum. Split between four mugs and too off with boiling water. Stir well and garnish with a cinnamon stick.
COOL WEATHER PUNCH, scalable recipe
This recipe is a longtime favorite of mine that I got from a friend. This tasted great with the white rum, but would also taste good with the spiced coconut rum.
– 1 part Blue Chair Bay white rum
– 1 part ginger ale
– 1 part apple cider (non-alcoholic)
– a heavy of cinnamon
Mix all ingredients, stir, and serve over ice or warm in microwave. Garnish with a thin slice of apple and cinnamon stick if desired.
PUERTO RICAN COQUITO, serves 4-5 (depending on how heavy-handed the pourer is)
– 1 cup Blue Chair Bay white rum
– 1 12oz can evaporated milk
– 1 14oz can condensed milk
– 1 15oz can coconut milk
– 2 egg yolks
– a TINY pinch of salt (be careful, I added just a little too much with a normal-sized “pinch”
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– Ground cinnamon
Blend all ingredients on high for 2-1/2 minutes, or until frothy. Serve VERY cold, and garnished with cinnamon.
Enter to win a bottle of Blue Chair Bay Rum of your very own by doing any (and all) of the following BEFORE NOON on 12/16. One entry per platform will be accepted.
****THIS GIVEAWAY’S DEADLINE FOR ENTRY WAS EXTENDED AS I FORGOT TO PICK A WINNER BECAUSE I WAS BUSY GETTING READY FOR MY COMPANY’S BADASS CHRISTMAS PARTY!)
- Comment on this post with a recipe you’d like to try using Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Tweet me (@drinkdallas) using #BornontheBeach and tell me which recipe you’d like to try using Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Write on my Facebook wall (Facebook.com/SusieDrinksDallas) and tell me which recipe you’d like to try using Blue Chair Bay Rum
- Comment on my Instagram post (@susiedrinksdallas) and tell me which recipe you’d like to try using Blue Chair Bay Rum
Kenny Chesney’s new rum, Blue Chair Bay Rum, was launched earlier this year and comes in three varieties: White, Coconut, and Coconut Spiced. HIs goal was to bottle the feeling of relaxation and ease he had while in the US Virgin Islands while watching a sunset. Working with a Barbados distillery that has been making rum since 1983, the West Indies Rum Distillery, he came up with this mild, yet flavorful rum.