Originally written by Lauryn Bodden, edited and updated by Susie O.
Ice cream, desserts, and booze:
these are a few of my favorite things.
With national ice cream month upon us, it appears there is no better time than now to enjoy this match made in heaven. Pick your favorite frozen pint of dairy, blend it with a splash (okay, splash is a little naïve) of Kahlua or booze of choice and top with desired toppings like whipped cream, peanut butter cups, and fudge.
But then again, Dallas has its fair share of adult milkshakes floating around town and something of this measure should really be left to the experts. That being said here is a roundup of some of my favorite places to get that boozy shake fix.
– Bourbon & Caramel
– Mint Chocolate Chip: Vodka, crème de cacao, crème de menthe and Andes mints
– Birthday Cakefetti: Cake vodka and sprinkles
– Moonshine American Pie: Apple pie moonshine, applie pie filling, bakes pie crust, maple syrup, vodka and kosher salt, grated cinnamon and granola crumble
– Dirty Kitchen Sink: Chocolate vodka, pretzels, peanut butter, salt, butterscotch sauce, caramel sauce, chocolate chips, coffee grounds and potato chips
– Tipsy Worms & Dirt: Vodka, crushed Oreos and gummy worms
The Royale Magnificent Burger
royaleburgers.com | 3310 Dallas Parkway, Suite 121 (Plano)
These overdressed shakes are boohoozy. Options include some tamer options like their Salted Caramel Shake spiked with Nassau Royale Liqueur (pictured above) and their Banana Shake “jolted” with Maker’s Mark, then get a little crazy. Their Magnificent S’mores Shake (pictured as the header) has chocolate ice cream, fudge, toasted marshmallow, and a graham cracker rim … then they add marshmallow vodka. It’ll set you back $13.50, though! (Other options include vanilla with Myer’s Dark Rum, chocolate with Godiva Liqueur, and strawberry with Ford’s Gin.)
– Insomniac: Espresso vodka, Kahlua, Baileys and chocolate syrup
– Attitude Changer: Stoli vanil, Godiva dark chocolate liquor and Oreos
– Easy Rider: Maker’s Mark and caramel
– Chocolate Grasshopper: Crème de menthe, white crème de cocoa and Oreos
– Cookies & Cream: Amaretto and Oreo cookies
– Bailey’s & Banana: Bailey’s Irish Cream and 99 Bananas Liquor
– Chocolate Cake: Vanilla vodka, Frangelico and chocolate vodka
– Fruit Loops: Strawberries and 99 Bananas Liquor
– PB & Chocolate: Chocolate vodka and peanut butter
– German Chocolate Cake: Malibu rum, chocolate vodka and pecans
– Grandpa’s Favorite: Butterscotch schnapps and vanilla
– Rocky Road: Amaretto, chocolate vodka, pecans and marshmallows
– Chocolate Bananas: 99 Bananas Liqueur, chocolate vodka and chocolate chips
They actually don’t offer them on the menu, but it’s a Snuffer’s secret that you can ask for them!
Hopdoddy Burger Bar
hopdoddy.com | multiple locations
You can add any booze you want to the shakes listed on the menu!
– Breckenridge Vanilla Porter Shake: Breckenridge Porter (nitro)
– Grasshopper Shake: Crème de cacao, crème de menthe, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream
– Irish Coffee Shake: Bailey’s Irish Cream, vanilla ice cream, coffee and whipped cream
– Maker’s Mark Milk Punch Shake: Maker’s Mark, vanilla ice cream, nutmeg and whipped cream
– Reposado Chocolate Shake: Reposado tequila, chocolate, cinnamon and whipped cream
– The Temptress Shake: Lakewood Milk Stout (nitro)
Del Frisco’s Grill
delfriscosgrille.com | D/FW locations only
Their more adult-seeming Vanilla Adult Milkshake is a blend of Nocello Walnut Liqueur, Crème de Cacao, chocolate liqueur, and vanilla ice cream.
Header image courtesy of The Royale Magnificent Burger.