The Bread Winners Cafe & Bakery team announced that it will open its fifth location in Trophy Club in 2016! The restaurant will also feature their French Quarter-style bar concept, The Quarter Bar, along with it in the planned development which will also feature hotels, retail, and other dining options.
LIMITED TIME OFFERINGS
It’s Hatch Chile time, y’all! Check out the features around Dallas to enjoy the New Mexico chiles that are only available for a short time each year!
- Grand Prairie is hosting its 5th Annual Hatch Chile Festival on Saturday, August 22, 8am-2pm! It’ll feature chiles, live music, and more.
- Central Market returns again this year with their 20th Annual Hatch Chile Festival (August 5-18). Stop in for recipes, lessons on handling spicy peppers, and, of course, Hatch chiles! Don’t miss the Hot Hatch Chile Run, Walk, & Roll on August 22, too!
- Old Chicago in Mockingbird Station will host a tapping of a Hatch Chile version of Don Jalapeño beer on August 5 at 7pm!
- Market Street will host chile roasts the first four weekends in August, Saturdays and Sundays, at all D/FW locations during its Hatch Chile Fest.
- Snuffer’s Restaurant & Bar (August 1-31)
- The Hatch Chile Cheeseburger or Chicken Sandwich – start with Snuffer’s 100% fresh ground chuck burger or grilled chicken breast, then are adorned with Hatch chile peppers and diced onions, bacon crumbles, Monterey Jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo.
Hatch Chile Cheese Fries – hand-cut Idaho potatoes and topped with diced Hatch green chiles and Chihuahua cheese
- El Fenix (August 3-September 7)
- Hatch Chile Pork Burrito – Slow-roasted pork rolled and grilled to golden-brown goodness, topped with green chile sauce, Hatch green chile and queso fresco. Served with rice and beans. ($8.99)
- Hatch Chile & Queso Blanco Enchiladas – A twist on El Fenix’s world famous enchiladas, stuffed with a blend of Monterey Jack and Chihuahua cheeses, topped with green chile sauce, Hatch green chile and queso fresco. Served with rice & beans. ($9.99)
- Hatch Chile Stacked Crispy Chicken Enchiladas – Stacked hard-shell tortillas stuffed with shredded chicken, refried beans, guacamole and cheddar cheese, topped with green chile sauce, Hatch green chile and queso fresco. Served with rice & beans. ($10.99)
It looks like August is the month of the chile, because Torchy’s Tacos and Hopdoddy are getting spicy, too!
Torchy’s Taco’s is celebrating Some Like it Hot Month with a new taco each week … and they get progressively spicier as the month burns up. (They call it #TorturebyTaco.) The FIRST of the tacos is The Barn Burner and it clocks in at 20,000 Scoville units. The last? 7 million Scoville units. Say goodbye to your taste buds.
Hopdoddy Burger Bar‘s featured burger is a real scorcher, too. Their Ghostland Burgatory is Beef Patty, Ghost Peppers (Naga Bhut Jolokia), Serrano and Habañero Peppers, Pepper Jack Cheese, Caramelized Onions, Ghost Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, and Chipotle Mayo served on an Egg Bun. (I was dared to try it on my last visit and chickened out. Not literally … I still had a beef burger.)
Available: through August 9
Remix your Tuesday at the W Dallas Victory! On Tuesdays, the Living Room Bar will offer REMIX, a reverse happy hour from 7-11pm with signature cocktails, small bites, and live music for FREE.
Is partying on Tuesdays too much for you? Check out The Quarter Bar’s new Friday party, complete with 80s music and movies from 11pm-2am. Oh, and happy hour specials from 11am-7pm to get you warmed up ($2 domestics and wells, $4 select wines by the glass).
The Cedars Social is now under new ownership and management! Stop into The Cedars cocktail den to see what Jeffrey Yarbrough and Chad Boyle will do to mix up (or shake … as it were) the menu!
- EVENT RECAP: NEGRA MODELO + RICK BAYLESS
- #SAUZAPITCHERPICS & RECIPES
- EVENT RECAP: HERRADURA TEQUILA DINNER AT MESERO
- GREENVILLE AVENUE PIZZA COMPANY
- SUMMER SIPPING: UV SANGRIA
- SUMMER BEER REVIEW: TRAVELER BEER CO. CURIOUS TRAVELER & ILLUSIVE TRAVELER
- HICKORY BY KENT RATHBUN
- CLASSIC PEACH DAIQUIRI RECIPE
- JAM & TOAST BRUNCH AT THE RUSTIC